Monday, April 6, 2009

Phnom Penh Part One


Dated 19 Mac my husband had a business trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia. My husband had an education fair at University Mekong. I’m quite worried when I think about Khmer Rouge history and with slow development in Cambodia. After a while I decided to follow my husband to get some experience to see poor countries, but deep inside I really hope that I can go to Angkor Wat ( one of the seven wonders) even though its quite impossible to do so because its takes 5 to 6 hours to go there by bus from Phnom Penh.

Before I go I make a little bit studies regarding Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. As a landscape lover I need to plan the place that I will not miss to spend my time. After make a few research places, angle and others I still believe that I should go to Angkor Wat…still hoping….

Before I continued my great experiences after 5 days at Phnom Penh it makes me to think and think and how lucky am I that I live in Malaysia….how beautiful and peaceful our country….until now…I still feel that my thankful to Allah is not enough…..

Day One at Phnom Penh my arrived time is about 6.00 p.m but its almost sunset, but my husband is rushing at that time to go to university. At night my husband and I took tuk-tuk to just look around the town at night. It cost me around 5 dollar….its quite expensive…

Day Two.. I woke up early in the morning to capture the sunrise.. I went to Tonle Sap, surprisingly near the river its so dirty and smelly to be hang out and enjoy the sunrise….its a beautiful sunrise but its hard for me to enjoy it just because of the smelly surrounding…urggghhhh ….and homeless slept near the river bank…..i really feel sad to see poor people begging and selling. Eating is the most difficult thing at Phnom Penh, I just eat at hotel or KFC nearby my hotel, Holiday Villa…
After taking a few shot we going back to hotel walaaaa its quite busy morning to cross our hotel….the road the motor bike really hectic…

Today I spent most of the time at Mekong University, Kedutaan Malaysia, The Russian Market and Central Market.



Shopping its not my priority…in my head its all about photography…all the moment I should not let it gone and pass by without capturing it…. At evening I try to get sunset.so I went to Boeung Kak lake waiting the sunset but unfortunately the sunset its not what I am expecting but it just something to share with….and its still a beautiful moment...
To be continued......

1 comment:

  1. great photos. I am planning to visit Angkor soon. Your travelogue gives me many useful insight. Tq.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...